Saturday, April 12, 2008

School Holidays

We are nearing the end of one week of school holidays. It's been a busy week of Tennis and In-Laws, but it's been nice. Nice not to rush off to work - although I've still spent quite a lot of time working from home...
We saw the Spiderwick Chronicles at the cinema and we all thought it was good fun. The green slime and tomato sauce was certainly colourful!
Also full of colour was my popcorn. Mel decided I needed to try something new...M&Ms in my popcorn! It was actually a very nice combination. I usually dip my ice cream into my popcorn, so the sweet and savoury thing is actually something I quite like!
Bowling was in the pipeline, but didn't happen as Nanna had sore fingers and Grandpa had a sore back.
Instead, I took the kids to out to a BBQ breakfast with friends. Breakfast lasted until about 1.30pm - it was lovely to catch up with friends and the kids had a good dose of fresh air. The play station, DVD player and computer have had a good workout this holidays. Before dinner we spent an hour or so out the back shooting goals and kicking the soccer ball - mixed in with chasing Turner the dog to get our balls back! I think he'd make a good Aussie Rules player, he tackles and holds the ball really well with his paws!
The in-laws left early this morning to drive home over the next two days. It's back to normal today with us spending all day Saturday at netball; coaching, playing and umpiring. Tomorrow we'll finish the holidays with a Netball Barbecue courtesy of our Sponsors. The kids are hoping and praying it will still be warm enough to swim.

2 comments:

Melita said...

M&M's with popcorn...mmmm yummmm

Melita said...

Sounds like a great day!