Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day 52


Can you believe I didn't actually take a photo today? Aaargh, my first missed day! Thankfully I found a picture of the All Seasons Resort, the location of our very emotional netball meeting.
Last year I coached two 13 and Under netball teams for our club, with one of my dds in each. Unfortunately both played at the same time and I didn't get to see B play much at all. At the end of the season most of my team, needing to move up to 15/U in 2009, asked me to coach them again.
As it turned out, the lady who helped with my 2nd 13s team also offered to coach 15s in 2009. Our meeting on this morning was sort out who would coach 15s this year. Eventually we decided to let the kids decide who they'd like to be with...we ended up with two teams. Our team (co-coaching with one other mum, Lisa) is made up of mostly kids from my last years Division 1, 13/u team - all specifically asking to be with me, including M and her friends. Sharon and her daughter Mel will do the other team, with most of those kids coming from the Div2 team and not fussed about who'd coach, and the rest of their team is made up of players who haven't played for us before.
I called the parents of the kids in our team and they were all delighted to know I'd be coaching their kids again. Oh it's nice to be wanted :)
The best part is B will still be in 13/u so I'll be able to coach her team this year too!

No comments: