
Sunday January 25th 2008. This was the day Brayden and Auntie came walking with us and we walked 6.8kms at a much slower than usual pace. It didn't start well, Auntie's alarm didn't go off and M had to wake her up.Whilst they were getting ready I drove around to get "Grandma" who I nearly left behind as she got locked in by the "baby proof door"! When we arrived at the start point we passed the rest of the group and I never caught up to them - although M and G did :)
Auntie and I spent a good bit of the time trying to convince Brayden to hurry up, Maccas was closing, we were nearly there etc. etc. and finally made it to Mcdonalds for breakfast just as most of the others were ready to leave! He was very excited to see a Kangaroo cross the path behind us, but was VERY upset with me for trying to get him eye height to an Orb Spider!! After we climbed a hill to take this photo he wanted to climb all the hills we came across, but his legs were "too tired" to walk..... Considering his age and height Brayden did very well, but he was quick to say he didnt' want to come again LOL. Having said all that Auntie agreed to join us on the Australia day fun run on Monday :)
After going home for a shower etc. Auntie came to visit. The kids swam and Auntie and I "practise packed" my backpack for NZ. It was fun. It's all seeming more real now :) According to my desktop countdown it's getting closer by the second!!

No comments:
Post a Comment