
The Ice has Broken!
We got our black and white cat from the RSPCA after I told them I'd like a black and white cat, if one came in. She was already named Ice. I'm not sure why she was called Ice, but I think her name suits her.. she's always been a bit of an ice maiden... until she chose not to be :)
Since the unfortunate death of our Beautiful Louis, Ice (aka Ick-e) has become more of a presence in our home. Previously she spent most of her time sitting on the back of the lounge, up on top of the tv unit/scrapbooking cupboard or tucked away in the wardrobe - unless she felt the need to visit...usually when I was trying to scrapbook or type! She still does all these things but she spends a lot more time sitting on the lounge with us and sleeping with the kids. Now she "allows" us to pat her when she's sleeping, without feeling the need to run off and hide. She comes to us when she wants a pat and when she sleeps inside she doesn't wake us up with scratching and purring, she sits quietly outside our bedroom door until someone gets up.
I took this photo earlier in the year, but it's a nice one of her and it shows how she loves to sit on my stuff! When I woke to find her sitting outside our room this morning I thought it was the perfect picture for Day 34, 3/2/09.
I've always loved my big girl, Ice, but with her standoffish personality the kids preferred Louis. Now they love Ice, almost as much as I do, because she's lovable and loving us back!!

No comments:
Post a Comment