Sunday, March 1, 2009

Day 59


OH MY! Can you believe how fast February is flying by? It's all good, it means my New Zealand holiday is coming up very soon!! Less than 25 days now!!

Bonnie's friend ended up staying all day whilst her parents worked and I was seriously in need of some adult company! After tennis we popped into town and grabbed some kabanos, coleslaw, noodle salad, potato salad and smoked salmon for lunch and headed over to Auntie Kat's. After lunch we piled all 6 kids in the car and went back to our house for the afternoon. Kat and I spent the afternoon working on our New Zealand holiday, making sure we had all the addresses we needed along the way. Kat even managed to cut some scraps out of her travel brochures, in preparation for her New Zealand Holiday scrapbook.

The kids swam, skootered, rode the ripsticks and watched Horton Hears a Who? whilst Kat and I chatted, typed and cut over a couple of quiet Vodkas. Literally a couple as there wasn't much in my bottle!

Around tea time Bonnie's friend was gone and Kat took all our kids back to sleepover with their cousins. As I rushed around tidying my now kid free home I got a phone call inviting me to mum/dad's for tea. It was a lovely quiet meal with just the three of us. After tea mum and I printed the vellum for Kat's birthday card and then I went home to watch a bit of tele with A before bed.

No comments: