Saturday, January 31, 2009

Day 31


School holidays are officially over. All the activities are starting up again, including Tennis and Baseball and School Sport planning. Sometimes I feel as if I've never left my old job. I spent a good deal of the afternoon doing School Sport stuff. Planning, emails, flyers and forms...just as well I love the work and what the organisation stands for. I'm wondering if I'll enjoy it even more now that it's not expected and it's a volunteer role. All I know is I'm not ready to let it go. Our Cluster is going through a rough patch at the moment, with nobody doing the Admin job and nobody stepping up to Cluster Chair, so I'm going to give it what I've got, to help it prosper. We've really worked hard to get it running more smoothly over the past few years and it would be a shame if it fell in a heap now. 2009 will be a good opportunity for the volunteers to actually be more of the process, rather than expecting "someone else" to do what needs doing. The cluster is a group of people working to a common goal, not an entity that works all by itself - just as a church is "the people" not the building.. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in 2009. This year's motto is "It's time to shine in 09".. we will see.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Love the motto and the definition of cluster. =] Also, I am glad you want to play along for 10 things. I chose a random number - 18 and that would make it letter...R. Let me know when you post it! =] Oh, my word...I just looked down and comment moderation is REOCR...starts and ends with R...LOL